Self Awareness. What a huge topic to cover… Like seriously… it’s huge. Anyways, for musicians this is a really important thing to understand because throughout the different stages you will be gaining the skills need to become self-aware. They really do go hand and hand. As you gain the technical skills necessary to be a great drummer, on the other side your brain will be able to free up CPU and do more tasks on top of playing drums. IT’s truly remarkable. So, this week I am doing a quick introduction into this, and then we will break down each stage.
Key Points From Today’s Lesson:
1. Confusion- Everything is new
2. Differentiation- You can start to recognize patterns
3. Identify- You can identify your role within a band or other musicians
4. Permanence- Your skills are honed, but your still improving on a lot of areas
5. Mastery- Your skills are solidified
6. Ultra Instinct- You simply react with your decisions, and your decisions are always good.
That is it for today’s lesson! Enjoy! Go Practice!
Please take the time to leave a review as it helps rank our show and get it out to more listeners like you!
If you missed any of last weeks episode you can catch a quick link to any of the episodes below
Drummers I Like Social Media links