Confusion… One of the easiest feelings to understand. “What in the world am I doing?” As musicians, the difficult part is that whenever we learn a new song, fill, chop, concept, beat, rhythm, reading notes… And just about everything else. We always start back at confusion. Now certainly, over time, we will be able to learn certain things faster, but we always will have to “take it slow” at first. This is because for every variation we add our brain has to process new information, even at the slightest degree. Pretty crazy, right? Drummers today, are now being put under immense pressure to perform and know more than just drums. We have to know electronic gear, mics, mixers, video and audio editing, and on top of that all the skills required to be a Great drummer. I will say this… Not all of that is required, but that is for another day. So, it can be overwhelming and confusing, however: just remember this. Take your time, be diligent, research, study, analyze, and GO PRACTICE. No one skill or topic can be mastered with out those things. So if you don’t do them, you will forever remained confused…
Key Points From Today’s Lesson:
1. We have all been there: Whenever you learn a new beat or style of music. Complete Confusion
2. Every thing begins with Confusion: A new fill, style, beat, chop, concept, practice routine…
3. Understanding Fellow Musicians: How comfortable are other musicians?
4. Overcome Confusion: Research, Study, Analyze, and Practice
5. Be Diligent: Never stop studying and learning. Strive for mastery
That is it for today’s lesson! Enjoy! Go Practice!
Please take the time to leave a review as it helps rank our show and get it out to more listeners like you!
If you missed any of last weeks episode you can catch a quick link to any of the episodes below
Drummers I Like Social Media links