On today’s show
So picture this… A big giant desk full of bunched up papered, crumpled up ideas of visions and plans. Cups of coffee everywhere, financial statements, books on how to learn shit, books on how to manage stuff. Computer wires, a red stapler (yes, blood red) mixed in between an old school calculator and about 15 broken lighting cables. Those iPhones man.
There’s a man sitting over this desk… Staring at it all in frustration because nothing is working, everything has become a complicated mess of unresolved issues and un-reachable dreams. All that’s left is to wipe the slate clean.
That’s what today’s episode is all about. Wiping the slate clean and simplifying it all.
Todays Sponsor: Sweetwater and this month it’s drum month. Here’s why that kicks ass…
- Sweetwater is giving away a Sparkling DW kit with tons of upgrades!
- It’s going on 7/1/19-7/31-19
- Click this link to apply: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PSK422GS–dw-performance-series-4-piece-shell-pack-with-22-inch-bass-drum-gold-sparkle-finishply
- They are giving away a ton of good shit so go to their social accounts and get hooked up.
What’s been going on?
- Ducat Baby #2 is on the way
- I’ve been building my business VR marketing and it’s going great!
- I’ve simplified and eradicated all the clutter from my life… Now it’s all about my agency and my family
Today’s show topic:
Simplifying and why I deleted all the social media apps from my phone. Here’s what we talked about
- Why I made the decision.
- What I focused on.
- The outcome.
- What I’m doing to transition back.
My 3 tips on how you can take steps similar to this
- Delete all the social media apps and games from your phone or put them in folders that take FOREVER TO FIND.
- Develop a daily routine around productivity and focus it around your biggest goals.
- Set some serious goals for yourself.
- tell yourself a number you want in your bank account
- tell yourself a place you want to be as a musician in 1 month, 6 months, 1 year.
- Spell out the type of life you want for yourself. Is that full-time musician? Will this provide the income you want? If not, what do you need to do to be in a place that provides you great income and the freedom you want to do whatever it is you want to do. In this case… since we’re all drummers here I am going to assume its drums lol.
The Big Takeaway
Overall you have to see the flaws in your activities. If your social media account isn’t giving you a monetary return it’s probably only doing one thing… Taking your time and focus away.
One last tip: If you’re addicted to your smartphone like me then Youtube can be your best friend but be cautious. I use it strictly to keep up with my skills sets. If I’m learning, I’m working on my ability to potentially earn.
That’s it for today’s show.
Talk to you next week
DIL SOCIAL LINKS: