What’s up Drumtrepreneurs! Welcome back to another episode of the Drummers I Like Podcast! This week we are chatting with Mike Ciprari, Co-founder of SJC drums and the epitome of what we here at Drummers I Like consider a true “drumtrepreneur”. Coming from an Entrepreneurial family that had plenty of experience creating success Mike was built from the ground up to handle the serious up’s and down’s of business. From creating his first warehouse for drum building in his grandma’s basement to sneaking into Vans Warped Tour for almost two weeks straight pretending to be a paying vendor Mike has done it all. On today’s show, we really dig deep into Mike’s background, SJC’s rise to success, his journey being on the television show the Profit and everything he learned from super entrepreneur Marcus Lemonis.
About our guest:
Mike Ciprari is the Co-founder of SJC drums, an entrepreneur, and most importantly a loving Father and Husband. His work ethic and attention to detail for each and everyone of his customers has been the beating heart behind SJC drums and their rapid growth over the last 15 years.
Key Points from today’s episode:
- You’ve got to trust your instinct: Mike takes us back to the beginning days of his musical career as he found punk rock, fell in love with 311 and started to invest his adolescent time into understanding the in’s and outs of starting his first punk band.
- Take me away from the norm: As he and his brother grew up it was a true competitive spirit that defined their ability to truly succeed when two brilliant minds started building the company that would change the percussion game for the better.
- You got to come original: Mike takes up deep into his experience on The Profit, meeting Marcus Lemonis and refresh being on that show really gave him. Something that really stands out in this section is Mike’s deep appreciation towards the idea that when he met Marcus it felt like his journey had just begun.
Mike was hands down one of my favorite guests of all time as we truly bridged the gap between drummer and business owner gauging a true understanding of what it takes to an entrepreneur and most importantly a drumtrepreneur
BUT WAIT… THERE’S MORE…
Here’s how to enter.
- Subscribe and leave a podcast review on Itunes explaining how this show has helped you! (CLICK HERE TO LEAVE SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW)
- If you can’t leave a review on Itunes then leave it in the comments below or on any of our social media channels!
- Make sure you leave a name on the review we can reach you by on our shout outs to winners!
That’s it for this episode of the Drummers I Like Podcast, tune in next week!
Links to Mike Ciprari
Links for SJC Drums
Please take the time to leave a review as it helps rank our show and get it out to more listeners like you!
If you missed any of last weeks episode you can catch a quick link to any of the episodes below
Drummers I Like Social Media links